6 pieces green mango, peeled and cut into strips
1 kilo brown sugar
2 medium-sized green bell peppers, sliced into strips
2 medium-sized red bell peppers, scut into strips
2 jalapeno peppers, sliced into strips
1 head garlic, coarsely chopped
1 thumb-sized ginger, peeled and cut into strips
20 pieces native onion, peeled and halved
1/2 cup raisins
1. Measure sliced mangoes.
For every cup of mangoes, prepare the following pickling solution:
a. Combine 1/4 cup vinegar, 1 cup brown sugar and 1 teaspoon salt.
b. Bring this mixture to a boil until thick or it spins a thread.
c. Stir in mangoes and cook until transparent.
2. Add the peppers, garlic, ginger and onions.
3. Cook for 10 minutes.
4. Add raisins.
5. Remove from fire.
6. Pack in sterilized jars.
7. Remove air bubbles before sealing.
8. Cool and store for future use.
- mango chutney
- mango chutney recipe
- how to make mango chutney in the philippines
- mango chutney filipino filipino style