Prep: 35 mins. Cooking: 25 mins. Serves 4.
- 12 oz pork loin, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 tbs cornstarch
- oil, for deep-frying
- 1 carrot, very thinly sliced
- 1 onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 cup chopped fresh pineapple
- 1/2 red capsicum, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup green capsicum, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 celery stalk, sliced
- 1/3 cup sweet pickled Chinese vegetables, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbs tomato paste
- 2 tbs superfine sugar
- 2 tbs orange juice
- 2 tsp cornstarch mixed with 1 tbs water
Mix 1/2 teaspoon salt through pork and dip each piece in the egg, then roll it in cornstarch. Place pork on a plate in a single layer.
heat the oil in a wok over medium heat and drop a few pieces of pork in, cooking for 3 minutes or until golden. remove pork with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Repeat with remaining pork. Remove all but 1 tablespoon of oil from wok, reheat, and stir-fry carrot, onion, and pineapple for 2 minutes or until carrot is tender. Add capsicum, celery, and pickled vegetables. Stir-fry for another 2 minutes.
Combine vinegar, soy sauce, tomato paste, sugar, and orange juice in a small bowl, then stir in cornstarch mixture and mix well. Pour sauce into wok and stir continuously until mixture boils and slightly thickens. Return pork to wok, stirring well. Arrange on a serving plate and serve immediately.How visitors found this Filipino Recipe:
- philippine pork recipes with pictures