Prep: 15 mins. Cooking: 10 mins. Serves 6.
- 1 lb 2 oz rump steak
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 tbs cornstarch
- 2 tbs peanut oil
- 1 tbs finely grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 tsp five-spice
- 1 small green capsicum, cut into diamond shapes
- 1 small red capsicum, cut into diamond shapes
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 14.5 oz tin whole baby corn, drained
- 2 tbs oyster sauce
Trim beef of any fat and slice it evenly across grain into long, thin strips.
Combine soy sauce, egg white, cornstarch, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a bowl, then add the beef and toss to coat.
Heat 1 tablespoon peanut oil in a wok, swirling to coat base and sides. Add ginger, peppers, celery, and corn. Stir-fry over high heat until softened, about 2 minutes. Remove from wok and keep warm.
Heat remaining oil in the wok and cook beef quickly in small batches until browned but not cooked through. Return all beef to wok with vegetables and add oyster sauce. Stir-fry over high heat until cooked and hot. Remove from heat and serve immediately.
How visitors found this Filipino Recipe:
- egg with oyster sauce pinoy recipe
- rump steak filipino recipe