- 1 chicken (2 lbs) cut into serving pieces
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 cup thick coconut milk
- 2-4 finger-length green chiles, whole
- 1/2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp grated turmeric root or 1 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 10 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup Filipino vinegar (suka) or apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
Combine the marinade ingredients in a large bwol, add the chicken and mix well. Marinate the chicken over night in the refrigerator. Drain the chicken and reserve the marinade.
Heat the oil in a saucepan and stir fry the marinated chicken until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
Add teh reserved marinade and coconut milk or cream, and simmer, uncovered, over low heat until the sauce thickens and the oil separates from the milk, about 30 minutes. Add the chilies and season with the fish sauce. Mix well and serve immediately.
How visitors found this Filipino Recipe:
- Chicken Adobo Recipe Filipino Food
- Philippine Chicken Adobo Food
- Philippine Chicken Adobo Recipe