- 4 slices lightly toasted white bread
- 12 oz fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbs freshly grated ginger
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg, beaten, and 1 egg white
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- oil, for deep-frying
Remove crusts from bread and cut each piece diagonally into 4 triangles.
Set aside 12 shrimp and place remaining shrimp into a blender along with garlic, ginger, sugar, salt, egg white, and sesame oil and process until smooth. Stir in scallions. Spread a tablespoon of mixture on each piece of bead and place reserve shrimp on top. Brush with beaten egg and sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
Heat oil in a wok over medium-high heat. Fry pieces until crisp and golden. Remove and drain on paper towels. Serve hot with desired condiments.
How visitors found this Filipino Recipe:
- filipino crispy shrimp
- Filipino Crispy Shrimp Recipe
- filipino food to toast
- filipino fried crispy shrimp recipe
- philippine recipe crispy shrimp
- pinoy crispy shrimp recipe
- toasted shrimp