- 3 tbsp oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 shallots, diced
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 8 oz ground beef
- 8 oz ground pork
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 3 tbsp olive oil or peanut oil
- 5 oz smal plantains or unripe bananas, peeled, sliced lengthwise
- 4 eggs
- 4 cups freshly cooked rice, kept warm
Heat the oil in a saucepan and stir-fry the garlic until golden brown. Add the shallots and stir-fry until translucent. Add the tomato and cook until it softens. Add the beef, pork, soy and Worcestershire sauces, and cook over medium heat for 15 minutes or until the meat is browned.
Add the raisins, salt and pepper, and stir constantly. Add the peas and braise for 5 more minutes. Remove from the heat. In a skillet, heat the olive oil and fry the plantain slices until they are soft and caramelized on both sides, 5-7 minutes. Then fry the eggs sunny-side up.
Arrange the cooked rice, meat, fried plantains and eggs on a large serving platter. Serve hot.
How visitors found this Filipino Recipe:
- filipino food raisins rice