Prep: 15 mins. Cooking: 3 hrs. Serves 6.
- 2 1/2 oz por fat
- 3 lbs 5 oz topside beef
- 3 onions, quartered
- 4 tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 potatoes, peeled, halved lengthwise and thickly sliced
- 3 sweet potaotes, peeled and halved lenghtwise, thickly sliced
Cut the pork fat into thin slivers. Use a sharp knife to make deep cuts evenly over beef and then insert a sliver of pork fat into each. Place the beef in a large saucepan with a tigh-fitting lid. Add onion, tomato, vinegar, soy sauce and bay leaves. Bring liquid to a boil, then reduce heat and let simmer gently, covered, for 2 hours, until beef is tender. Season with salt and pepper. Remove lid and simmer for a further 30 minutes. Add potato and sweet potato and simmer, uncovered, until tender. Remove pan from heat and then remove beef from pan. Cut into thin sliced and drizzle with gravy. Serve with potatoes, garnishing with coriander if desired, and serve.
How visitors found this Filipino Recipe:
- FILIPINO POT ROAST RECIPE
- filipino roast beef recipe
- beef pot roast filipino recipe
- filipino style chuck roast