- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/4 cup minced garlic
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2″ piece fresh ginger, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup uncooked rice, washed and drained
- 7 cups water
- 1 lb boneless chicken, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 1/2 tsp fish sauce
Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a pot and stir-fry half of the garlic until golden. Add onion and ginger and stir-fry until onion is translucent. Add rice and stir-fry for 5 minutes, then add water and cover. Increase heat and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally, then reduce heat and add chicken. Simmer for another 30 minutes.
While cooking, heat remaining oil in a skillet and stir-fry rest of garlic until crisp and golden. Drain and set aside.
When rice and chicken are cooked, add fish sauce, stir, and continue to cook over low heat for another 2 minutes. Serve hot seasoned with pepper.
How visitors found this Filipino Recipe:
- filipino chicken soup with ginger
- filipino chicken ginger soup
- chicken ginger soup philippines
- filiphino soup with rice cabbage and juice
- filipino chicken and ginger soup
- ginger chicken soup filipino
- philipine ginver soup recipe
- philippine ginger chicken soup