- 10 fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- salt and pepper
- 2 fresh crabs
- 5 cups water
- 2 medium squid, cleaned and cut into rings
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 8 oz pork tenderloin, cubed
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 2 tbs minced garlic
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 3″ pepperoni sausage, thinly sliced
- 2 cups uncooked long-grain rice
- 1/4 cup canned tomato puree
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 bell pepper, sliced and chopped
- generous pinch of saffron mixed with 1 tsp water
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
Season shrimp lightly and set aside.
Boil crabs in water for 20 minutes then remove and quarter, cracking shells and claws. Set aside; reserve water.
Blanch squid in reserved crab water for 3 minutes, then remove and set aside in a bowl of cold water. Strain and reserve 3 3/4 cups of the broth.
Preheat oven to 350 F.
Heat olive oil in a large skillet or casserole. Add pork, paprika, garlic, onion, and pepperoni. Stir-fry for a few minutes, then add tomato puree, reserved broth, and bay leaf. Stir for a few minutes, then add pepper and saffron. Bring to a boil, then remove from heat and bake in oven uncovered for 30 minutes. Arrange shrimp, crab, squid, and peas on rice, then bake for 5 more minutes. Remove and garnish with eggs. Serve immediately.
How visitors found this Filipino Recipe:
- paella recipe seafood filipino style