- 10 oz fresh shrimp
- 1 cup water
- 10 oz rice vermicelli noodles
- 2 tbs oil
- 4 shallots, thinly sliced
- 13 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 oz ground pork
- 2 cups slivered cooked bamboo shoots
- 1 carrot, peeled and julienned
- 4 dried black Chinese mushrooms, soaked in hot water for 20 minutes, caps diced
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped Chinese chives
- 2 tbs sake
- salt and pepper
Peel shrimp, and place heads and shells in a small sauce pan with the water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Mash shells then strain and reserve broth, discarding shells.
Blanch noodles in water, then set aside.
Heat oil in a wok over medium-high heat and add shallots. Fry until golden, then drain and set aside. Reserving the oil in the wok, add garlic to wok and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Add shrimp, pork, bamboo, carrot, mushrooms, and chives. Stir-fry until shrimp and pork cook, then pour in 1/2 cup of shrimp broth. Add sake, salt, and pepper, and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add noodles and stir-fry for 3 minutes. Mix well and serve.
How visitors found this Filipino Recipe:
- curried noodles with stir fried peppers recipe
- Filipino style stir fry noodle
- philippine noodle recipes
- pilipino seafood pan fried noodle
- recipe for fried noodles – filipino style