Prep: 20 mins. Cooking: 15 mins. Serves 6-8.
- 4 dried chinese mushrooms
- 1.75 oz thick dried rice stick noodles
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup cooked chicken, chopped
- 8 oz bamboo shoots, drained and chopped
- 1 tsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 tbs cornstarch
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp ketchup
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 1 tbs Chinese rice wine
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
Soak mushrooms in hot water for 20 minutes then drain and squeeze to remove excess liquid. Discard stems and chop caps finely.
Soak noodles in hot water for 20 minutes then drain and cut into short lengths; set aside.
Heat stock in a large sauce pan and bring to a boil. Add mushroom, noodles, chicken, bamboo, and ginger. Reduce heat and simmer gently.
Mix the cornstarch with 1/3 cup water, then add to soup and stir until clear. Add egg in a fine stream, stirring constantly. Remove pan from heat and add ketchup, soy sauce, rice wine, sesame oil, and scallion. Season to taste and serve immediately.