Prep: 30 minutes. Cooking: 2 1/2 hrs. Serves 6.
- 1 lb 2 oz chicken bones
- 1 lb 2 oz lean stewing beef
- 9 oz pork chops, fat removed
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 tbs dried tamarind pulp
- 9 oz sweet potato, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 large daikon, thinly sliced
- 2 cups shredded Chinese cabbage
- 1 tbs fish sauce
- Lime wedges, for serving
Place chicken bones, beef, pork, and 10 cups water in a large saucepan. Stir in the onion, tomato and 1 tsp salt. Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer for 2 hours. Remove the bones, beef, and pork. Allow beef and pork to cool and discard bones.
Pour 2 tbs boiling water over tamarind pulp and soak it for 10 minutes. Stir and press the pulp with a spoon until it is fully dissolved, then strain it into the soup. Discard any seeds and fibre.
Dice the beef, and cut the meat from the pork, slicing it thinly and discarding bones. Return meat to soup and add sweet potato and daikon. Simmer for 20 minutes then add cabbage and fish sauce, serving immediately with lime, if desired.
How visitors found this Filipino Recipe:
- pilipino beef recipe
- beef filipino reciepe
- beef in a filipino recipes
- beef steak mushrooms filipino
- recipes for squash chicken soup philipino style