- 1 lb tofu
- 3 tsp cornstarch, separated
- 4 oz ground lean pork
- 3 dried black Chinese mushrooms, soaked and finely chopped
- 2 tsp chicken stock powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 1/2 cups bok choy, blanched
- 1 tsp sake
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
Cut tofu into 3 x 1 1/2″ rectangles. Use a small spoon to scoop out a hole in the middle of each piece for the filling. Set aside.
Combine 1 teaspoon cornstarch and all ingredients except bok choy and stock; mix well and stuff into tofu. Steam over high heat for 4 minutes.
While tofu is steaming, cook bok choy in chicken stock. Drain, reserving stock, and arrange bok choy on a serving plate. Blend remaining 2 teaspoons of cornstarch with water and thicken the stock. Pour over bok choy, then top with stuffed tofu.
How visitors found this Filipino Recipe:
- filipino tofu and ground pork
- steam tofu pinoy recipe
- stuffed tofu filipino recipe